ALLOW PISTON ACCESS IN UR PK MAP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khorndog, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Khorndog

Khorndog I left minecraft for chess Donator

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    Hi Im making a map, but i want it so that you can press buttons inside of the map. That would be great because i can put Piston gimmick jumps, like when you must press the piston, then jump off before it closes. Also with trapdoors, you can use open trapdoors in parkour courses.

2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    what if multiple people are playing the same map, doesn't work

ItsHarry likes this.
  3. SASUKE

SASUKE STILLFEELDEAD Donator

dude you only added this because you 'did' a piston triple neo lmao

the amount of people who could actually make this jump are so limited. there's you and there's barely proof of that. darkstorm and mobber maybe. then there are entitywolf, rex, etc. but they aren't active on jnh

no, -1

hmj likes this.
  4. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    it would work but if someone is spamm
    LOL, no i clearly said cool piston jumps, not those kinds of jumps at all. I wanted to just put simple jumps that are speedrunnable. If im making a course the hardest neo would only be a DOUBLE neo.

5. SASUKE

it's still tremendously difficult for the majority of players. remember that not everybody is at your level of pk

hmj likes this.
  6. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    Then they put it in the hardest form of levels? Lol. If people are crap at parkour they can go visit easies.

7. SASUKE

the hardest level (to my knowledge) is 'impossible' and that only has a single neo. if you think that your map, suddenly upping the difficulty ten fold, would be accepted, i'm sorry to say you are mistaken

i don't even think they'd accept a double neo.

'easy' is completely no-sweat. medium is, like, try a little bit. hard is hard, mega is... well nobody likes mega skip that

8. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    They will accept it as long as its possible! how can u be this dumb? Some courses have to be very hard! if you put a warning sign at the begginning explaining how hard it is, then it'd work out ok

9. SASUKE

your definition of ‘possible’ is unknown to the majority because nobody sweats as much as you do for jumping to blocks and going to bed with a body pillow of YouAreRexist. they’re barely accepting maps as it is.

10. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    Alright, tbh, I really think YOU are the dumbo. 1. People don't have to play the map. 2. It's ok to try, and I can try so hard that i will break my space bar just like i can with you irl. 3. If you aren't good like the "majority" of the community, that just means you didn't practice hard enough and you should honestly go to easys or meds until you learn the jumps. 4. Parkour can't always be easy, the plan I set off was to give the players a new expierience and let them see the varieties of different jumps.

11. SASUKE

anti answers:
    1. WHAT’S THE POINT OF MAKING IT THEN
    2. did you know that you dont know where I live
    3. ok fair point but no one would play the hard maps and then we revert to statement one
    4. that they won’t be able to finish? ok

recommend locking this thread as it’s just becoming a flame war at this point. @MC_Scout do the honours?

12. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    1. Making for enjoyment 2 no its just an expression 3 idc 4 doesnt matter

13. SASUKE

i’ve been trying to give you constructive criticism and all you’re doing is calling me names and saying that your matrix jumps are possible.

possible with a few thousand tries, no success rate, and an unacceptable map.

14. Khorndog

Minecraft:
    Khorndog
    They wont be matrix jumps omfg... They are modarate jumps. Ok now this is my LAST post 4ever to do with you im sorry bud but im done i dont wanna get muted for spam/harassment.

15. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

What exactly is this super hard jump im curious

16. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Not going to lock this thread but take this as a verbal warning to avoid name calling, on both sides.

17. TheMint

TheMint Former Mοd+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    @ghosty I don't get your point at all. So what if most players can't do it? Not letting the experienced players enjoy a challenge when there's clearly easier maps for people who can't handle the challenge because it's "too hard for the majority of the players" makes no sense. Nobody's losing anything from adding a few challenging maps for the pros.

However, @Khorndog, you didn't properly reply to what Jerry said, which is clearly the most convincing counter argument in this thread. What do you do when multiple people are using it?

18. SASUKE

here's what i could find. it's this jump but done twice in a sequence
    i'm just upset because i feel like many, if not the majority, would complain about how this map is 'impossible.' there are very few parkourists who spend time on jnh, and khorn here falls into the category of active jnh parkourist with nobody else apart from maybe darkstorm and muffin_mobber.
    my point is that many would only pout and say 'this map is impossible.' the level difficulty is too steep, so that's why i feel it wouldn't work with the other maps.

however khorn is not restricted to simply go on creative and build a course himself. that's what i did. though i feel people wouldn't want to play this map due to it's skill level, i feel like the few parkour gems could hop on creative and build courses themselves to share amongst each other.

as it is, the owners are barely accepting maps as it is. so there's also that but that's not too much of an argument anyhow

tl;dr - because people wouldn't be able to complete it

i get that khorn is making these courses for fun and enjoyment, but i just feel like his hard work wouldn't be appreciated.

19. TheMint

TheMint Former Mοd+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Yes, I get your point. I just think it makes no sense. You don't know all the experienced players, trust me. I'm sure there's gonna be more people than you think who could complete harder maps, and it might even attract an audience of people seeking challenge.

Also, I don't see noobs who can't finish hard maps saying they're impossible (or at least not often enough to piss anyone off); there's not gonna be a difference.

By the way, he never said he's suggesting maps that only and best of the best can complete. He just wants to add a possiblity for another parkour feature. The points you're making don't even match the suggestion.

Just read what he says here... He already answered you but you keep going with that same point xD

RulerofMobs likes this.
  20. SASUKE

i'm speaking on behalf of the hypixel housing community, so my statements might be a little off, but still. the amount of players that these new jumps would attract is slim. the parkour community in of itself is small. jumpcraft, all the parkour servers usually have less than 50 players, commonly less than 30. so we'd be attracting maybe two people with these new found jumps. any little number matters, but you make it sound like these new jumps are gonna morph the entire server.

also, how is knowing all the 'good' (not calling these players bad, don't take it the wrong way) parkourists an argument?

i'm saying this possibility would be indifferent to the majority, that's why i don't think we should add it. our friend khorn, entitywolf (pro parkourist) and maybe youarerexist (pro parkourist part II) might come by to try these jumps. not many people would be able to complete them.

i'm sticking to this point. if i see people completing these jumps other than the people i've said here and in previous post, i will see that i've been proven wrong. piston jumps require pinpoint reaction time which is unknown to the majority.