AgarPvP Update/Revival

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by overwatchlover69, Jul 2, 2017.

1. overwatchlover69

overwatchlover69 [Weaboo] [Hanzo Main] [Donator Rank] Donator

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    I have recently seen more than usual players on agarpvp, and i think a update would really make the game more popular. Its one of the few pvp gamemodes that have more strategy and a arcade-like feel on the server, and you dont even have to be good at pvp to have fun with it. First, a new map would be nice, because the one it has right now is worn out. I also think a small tutorial when first joining into the game should pop up with /title, telling you to kill animals and players to get points, and what the dash does, how points work, etc, etc. I think a update like this could really help out newer players to figure out what theyre doing, instead of running around hitting people, dying, and then calling the game stupid, p2w, or unfair. Lastly, i think the leaderboard should be reset, and possibly the 2x removed, because that makes high scores unlikley for lower levels, and just stupidly high and time consuming to achieve. maybe make it only work on animals, or replace it with a new buff all together? I really enjoy AgarPVP and its by far my favorite game on the server because how unique it is to this server.

Bearington and tence3000 like this.
  2. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I completely agree with a reset as this needs to be reset as I know quite a few people who love the game but when they come on there are a couple if any players online.
    I also feel with a new map possibly and more features and a reset of the leaderboards agarpvp could do really well again.

Loocy likes this.
  3. Haruld

Haruld Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Haruld
    Agar was a game I played a lot so I fully agree on this.

tence3000 likes this.
  4. untuned

untuned I untune the tunes. Donator

Minecraft:
    untuned
    I agree with this, it's very fun as long as you have some friends to play with. Seeing how it's dead and almost always at 0 players a revamp would be nice to get some more advertising for the gamemode.

tence3000 likes this.
  5. kedio

kedio Donator

undecided.

here are just some things i need to address.

CONS
    • The AgarPvP server is certainly a small server, and not many people play.
    • The tutorial might annoy impatient people (•like myself•) and they may want to start the game.
    PROS
    • It will definitely bring back popularity to the server.
    • A new map would definitely come in handy, so we can have the OG players experience a new landscape, while new players can have a better, and more beautiful, experience!
    Just a couple of ideas. OwO

tence3000 and MemeDreamTeam like this.
  6. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Did you search for other threads of the same idea?

7. overwatchlover69

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    the tutorial would be for first join only, after that no more tutorial popups.

i checked the last 3 pages in suggestions before i posted, and there was nothing related to agarpvp then, so i assumed any other threads like this got forgotten.

The main reason i made this thread was because when i talk about agarpvp, the thing you hear a lot is "Its fun when theres a lot of players online." Lots of people like agarpvp, but there isnt enough players online for people to want to play.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  8. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Did you see the epic staff battle thread? I think that might help bring some life into it. I honestly don't know what would bring players regularly into it.

tence3000 likes this.
  9. kedio

kedio Donator

So, if a reset were to take place, every player, OG and new, would start fresh. You said it's only there for the first join. First join after the reset? What if OG players who joined recieved the tutorial. They would get impatient and angry that they have to go through all the steps again.
    I think you need to elaborate on it more.

10. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    Perhaps there will be a way to skip the tutorial?

11. kedio

kedio Donator

If a way to skip the tutorial was present, I'd agree. Otherwise, I wouldn't.

tence3000 likes this.
  12. Slevin

Slevin Donator

Minecraft:
    Slevin
    I really don't know. AgarPvP was made near enough around the time of Agar.io. There was a lot of hype around it at that point. Resets aren't always the answer to bring popularity back to a minigame. It's only temporary (for a minigame like AgarPvP). Now I could be wrong of course. I would like to be wrong. But I just don't see it.

13. overwatchlover69

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    I was thinking if it was the first time ever joining, the tutorial pop up. so if you joined before the reset, no tutorial, only for new players. There could also be a small text tutorial in the spawn somewhere.

I also mentioned a new map and a new perk for donators that replaces the 2x, because that buff is a little broken right now.

14. kedio

kedio Donator

Sorry, but I still don't see your point. In the hub, there are signs explaining how it works. If you elaborated more, I could've understood. Now, I just think it's useless and unnecessary.

15. overwatchlover69

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    just a small sort of /title thing once you join into the game, it would say something like "Kill animals and players to gain points" "The more points you have the more damage and health you have" "Every 10 points is equal to 1 damage, 1 point is 1 hp". something quick and simple.

i searched staff battle and couldnt find it, can you give me a link

16. t3mptr3s

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
  17. MeatBoy0

MeatBoy0 Donator

Minecraft:
    MeatBoy0
    Any game that gets updated has the same faith, it will eventually die. This has happened to mini games such as Kitpvp, Oitc, Factions, and sooner Survival. New games introduced such as farmking which was great when it was just introduced fell off as well and this I think is because it takes patience to get alot of money which most younger players ( including me ) dont have. In reality I think J and H need to introduce a new game. One that is fast pace, people know about, and has some twist to it in which it makes it unique. This is all just me backing Capture the flag a quick game which can have some spin off ( Ex creative maps, Balanced unique kits, and some cool cosmetics based on team). This whole thing is just my suggestion and my reasoning as to why an update would be pointless.

tence3000 and overwatchlover69 like this.
  18. EnderMC546

EnderMC546 "..." Donator

Minecraft:
    EnderMC546
    Personally, I think an update IS needed. Mostly, a new map comes to mind. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing. Builder's get on it! I think a tutorial would do nicely, but not one that makes you do it immediately, just a giant sign that says "I'M A TUTORIAL DO ME IF YOU ARE NEW." Simple and straight to the point. Then again...it's not that hard to understand...but also as a counterpoint to myself...minecrafters ain't the brightest bunch. So a tutorial would be useful. I agree that the 2x buff should be removed and.or changed. That way, scores would be normal sized and reasonable, so people earned their scores, not farmed them...(It's actually kinda tough though, I did it too.) And a reset would be required after that or it would basically make whoever is in first...undefeatable.

Overall, I agree 100%

All games are created to die. Just like humans are born to die. Except unlike Humanity, games server a purpose. Humanity just kills shit and each other. But that's what Humanity and games have in common! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
    t3mptr3s likes this.