AgarPVP Revamp.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by overwatchlover69, Apr 16, 2018.

1. overwatchlover69

overwatchlover69 [Weaboo] [Hanzo Main] [Donator Rank] Donator

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    Just please? I used to play agarpvp so much, it was such an unique and amazingly fun gamemode. I played it when it had like 10-12 players on almost always, and now its a dead game that no one plays. I think all it needs is a revamp to get some of the people from kitpvp on to it. By revamp, i mean a new map. I think the gameplay is fair and balanced. Just please make a new map for it, or something to get some players on it.

lizza and Noah like this.
  2. Andy

Andy modand Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    momand
    why revamp a dead minigame
    j&h keep trying to revamp minigames that are dead (like sumo); but, sadly, it doesn't work. so, i ask the question: why is it necessary?

3. overwatchlover69

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    This is probably the most original gamemode on the server. I personally thought it was a lot of fun, and no other server can give any sort of similar experince to this game.

4. Noah

Noah Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Left4Lag
    I actually really like Agarpvp, but don't play it much cause well, it's always empty. However, I think a new map would be cool, maybe some new features(?).

The rush you get when you're #1 being targeted by others, or you targeting the #1. It can make you rage, yet it's fun at the same time.
    I agree with a little revamp/update, however I'm not sure j&h want to update these games considering they put them in the "legacy" section I the server selector. (I vote we switch skywars with agar lolol)

Mareliii and TerrorReid like this.
  5. Cheez

Cheez Admin Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    Personally, I wouldn't build a new map for a minigame i knew was going to be vacant after 3 days.
    A revamp would temporarily boost popularity of the game, yes, but after about a day people will leave again back to their normal places.

Just look at games like BattleRoyale and Pyramid; also recently updated games like Minefighter, are all empty after release / update.
    It takes a lot of effort to update a game (especially if new features / new map is added), and overall it needs to be worth the effort.
    With AgarPvP I just don't see that happening. With the game being dead already, and even the game it was based off of being dead, It just isn't worth the time to update.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Mareliii, Progtrash and Noah like this.
  6. Progtrash

Progtrash Mod+ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Progtrash
    Disagree
    Yes, agar hasn't been updated in a WHILE, but what's the point? Like said before by others, there's no point in updating a dead minigame just for it to be active for an hour. I can't remember the last time I went on agar and found another player there, which says a lot.
    A good example of this is MineFighter. When that was revamped, (I bet) there was a lot of players on trying it out, and after a while, it dies out and stays like that until the usual German players come on and do their own thing (which is fine). With agar, there isn't even a community, like with most of these server minigames, they have the usual players that are on all the time and are known for always being on there. I've never seen a player whose known for being on agar/being good at agar.
    Obviously agar shouldn't be removed, I think it should just stay the same and not be touched and stay in the Legacy Games section on /compass.

7. overwatchlover69

Minecraft:
    overwatchlover69
    I just feel that agarpvp is such a unique, one-of-a-kind gamemode, that i personally had a lot of fun with when i still played it. I get on there fairly often to look at the leaderboards and remeber how much time i sunk into the game. Just really looking for a game that gives me a similar feeling to it, and struggling to find one, so i thought it should be revived or something.

Mareliii and Noah like this.