advice??

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by lpsprincess, Jul 28, 2017.

1. lpsprincess

lpsprincess SHINee <3

i'm currently in a situation i don't really want to be in yet i have no way out of it and i need a bit of advice on how to "manage"
    pretty much i'm going on a school camp which goes for a week later in the year which i really (really) don't want to go on
    it's one of those camps where we have to sleep in tents, dig our own toilets and cook our own food and stuff
    this kind of thing isn't something i enjoy nor am i good at and my mum is forcing me to go (i'm trying to get out of it but it most likely won't work)
    any advice on how to cope would be appreciated :)

2. Saul1337

Saul1337

Just go, what's wrong with being outside for a week and learning basic skills that will help you later in life.

So this is a nice chance to get stronger.
    And if you really don't want to go just don't, not like they will physically drag you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  3. AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake Java Coder Donator

Minecraft:
    AbductedSnake
    Do what your instincts say you should do.

BobbyCheeser and MemeDreamTeam like this.
  4. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

I trekked on the Himalayas a few years back. We had to carry heavy bags, pitch our own tents, dig a hole for using the bathroom then carry the waste with us. I thought I'd hate it before the trip, but honestly, it was a new experience, and I'm grateful for that. Don't be so pessimistic about your camp, it's not a really bad thing to be in the wild for sometime, it's a fresh new experience for you.

BobbyCheeser and PopeUrbanII like this.
  5. Frooti

Frooti rex orange county

"Just going" isn't as easy as it sounds. I completely understand how you feel because I have been in similar situations to this many times in my life and my anxiety has never failed to make me step down from them. However, I also understand that 99.9% of the time, the experiences we are dreading aren't nearly as bad as we anticipate them to be. In my current state I would be doing all I could to get out of going, but if you are being absolutely forced to go, then just do your best to let it happen. I think a camping trip sounds fun.

ItsHarry, safoya299 and Smg like this.
  6. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    I think you're making a big deal out of an awesome experience. Nothing wrong with being outdoors for a week. Camp is also extremely fun and a good chance to get away from the outside world for a bit. I bet by the time it's over you'll appreciate the fact that you had the opportunity to do something like this.

7. Amore

Amore Lil dyl Donator

Minecraft:
    OG TRACTS
    bomb the camp

nthi and stupid like this.