Addictions you've beaten/are trying to beat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Smg, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Thread created with an informative purpose, and I'm interested to see some of your responses.
    I know the more-likely answer will be "drugs" but I'm also looking for something more out of the ordinary/unique.

For myself, I've beaten my addiction to soda. I used to drink one every day, and once in a while two. After one day of thinking it out back in late January, I've decided that I'll be going soda free seeing as it wasn't helping out with my health/etc. It was hard the first few weeks, and I almost drank one and broke the promise I made to myself. It has now been three months, and I've been soda free.

This has helped me out as Soda was my main liquid source out of school, and now I'm drinking a whole lot of water because of this journey. I've had days where I've drank 3-4 bottles, not including school where I always drink a bottle there.

As always, keep things appropriate. Feel free to share some addictions you've beaten/are trying to beat

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Teddie

Teddie Donator

sp_1080x1920_59ddf1bf9b4c67c71e97b279d5538c73_raw.jpg

katlynn and Smg like this.
  3. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

drugs, alcohol, and pain

4. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    • biting my nails
    • snacking
    • my computer

Smg likes this.
  5. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

coming to this site non-stop

tence3000 and Smg like this.
  6. Seltrox

Seltrox Pastel Colors ♫ Donator

Minecraft:
    Seltrox
    • Worrying too much
    • Staring at electronical screens(computer, tv, phone, etc.)
    • Raging when I die in a block game, by some noob who bow spams

Smg likes this.
  7. Rivenze

Rivenze Donator

Yes, yes. xD

8. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    I'm beating my junk food addiction !!!
    I used to eat like junkfood at least twice a week and additionally eat like kfc and stuff
    now I haven't had takeaway in months and I get junkfood as a treat, and I do exercise to earn it.
    never thought I was going to actually beat that addiction because it feels so nice in the moment but then blegh

9. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

• naps
    • gum
    • overanalyzing shit

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  10. ShaunPoppy830

ShaunPoppy830 Used To Be Poppy830 Donator

Minecraft:
    ShaunPoppy830
    I get this thing where if i think about a song the line will repeat in my head to the point of insanity (basically torture version of getting a song stuck in your head)
    Biting Nails (It's really bad)

Smg likes this.
  11. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Trying to stop spending money on unnecessary things

12. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    imagesH44TV39X.jpg
    Kazuto.png

*shudder.*

But in all seriousness, the same as you @Smg , used to have a pretty bad problem, I'd have one fanta/coke/sprite a day, and I put that to a stop a year or two ago. I decided to just drink water. A lot.

And by a lot, I mean, a lot.
    Grats on overcoming your problem, and keep up the good work.

SixthCoyote and Smg like this.
  13. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    I had a nail biting problem, but I bought a fidget cube so now that is solved.
    I also used to eat too much, like huuuge portions and super unhealthy, but got on a diet and lost 15 kg.

14. Warden

Warden Donator

Beating: Video games and Internet things. I've now started revising for an hour a day as I need to ace my tests in College to advance to the next course, and this takes up the time I'd normally be on a video game so I have gone from gaming for about 4 hours a day to gaming for 3 and revising for 1. I'm going to try and advance on this though as I want to be able to only be gaming for about an hour a day or maybe 2 and that's about it.

Beaten: Sugar. Like @Smg and @ACaiStickJoey I'd drink Coke a lot, but I'm not talking 1 or 2 cans a day. I'm talking 3 a day, sometimes even 4, and that'd be every day of the week. It was bad. However, I started to get sick of Coke, and started to drink water and juice now, so that's a huge help. I've cut down from 3 a day, to maybe 3 a month, sometimes even less, which is a whole lot more healthier.

SixthCoyote, Smg and Joeyy like this.
  15. Kaiiven

Kaiiven Donator

Minecraft:
    Kaiiven
    Used to smoke but didn't for long at all. Now trying to kill the addiction of energy drinks.

16. Saul1337

Saul1337

; instead of '

teitan, cingle, YFIOTR and 3 others like this.
  17. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    I've beaten my Minecraft addiction (still watching MC vids in YT don't count. They're fun to watch, okay)
    Apparently, my addiction to games are caused because I have so many friends playing it.

I'm trying to beat my addiction to snacks now, it makes me spend too much money and makes me sick too often (Getting fever once a month is already like my routine now)

18. SixthCoyote

SixthCoyote Donator

Minecraft:
    Ezreul
    I'm working on an addiction where some others might share the same issue, but nonetheless a struggle for me personally.

I've been working on a problem where I would try and please everyone. This meaning that I would go out of my way to satisfy another person (be it a teacher, friend, parent). This clearly isn't easy, but I believe everyone should keep in mind that not everyone's perfect. If anyone else shares this problem, just know that you're only human. If you perform the absolute best to your ability in each and everything you do (upon preparation); that itself should suffice as a positive quality to your peers that should be accepted with open arms.

Phoenix, JohnsonOhJohnson and Smg like this.
  19. Whizzer

Whizzer Donator

Omygosh I relate on so many levels. I am exactly like that and when I disappoint one of my classmates I stress myself out. This and I put so much on my shoulders. I cry because of my grades. Example: Two of my stupid classmates ruined my grade from an A to an A- in American History which is my BEST class in which I had the highest grade in the class. I love it. It was worth a lot of points, and I did all the big stuff. The only thing I didn't do was the questions (we were making a board game) because I went home sick the day and they worked on it. I figured that they followed the rules and got them from our notes. But, no, they got them from Google and made them super hard. So, when our classmates graded it they failed us. Because I didn't want to hurt my classmate's grades, I didn't grade honestly. I regret that so much, though. I still to this day cry about it everytime I think of it (including now).

Smg and SixthCoyote like this.
  20. SixthCoyote

SixthCoyote Donator

Minecraft:
    Ezreul
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel, it just makes you feel horrible and worthless. Everything gets better though, it always does.

Whizzer and JohnsonOhJohnson like this.