Able To 'Moderate' Your Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Costellon, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Costellon

Costellon �Digital Artist� Donator

Minecraft:
    � Costellon �
    Hello.

I don't use reddit, but from what i know, people can moderate their own subreddits.
    Idk. Ill just put it into my own words.

When you post a thread, i think it would be a good idea to have the ability to delete comments that are off topic.
    Ofcourse, the staff could still view them if anybody were to think it could be used to remove evidence of abuse.
    I think it would take some stress off of the staff team, and give players a bit of freedom in their threads.
    This could even be utilized in profile posts.
    Remember the time when you had to request a lock?

Thanks.

2. Unprepossessing

Unprepossessing [Moderator+] - Hey ..didn't you used to dance-? Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Is it really that hard to "Report"?

Trust me, we rarely get forum reports. If you report, it isn't a hassle to handle.

3. thesaber903

thesaber903 BB, Septiplier, TMM fan | Donator

Minecraft:
    thesaber903
    Disagreed.

We already have the report option for off topic posts, we don't really need a "Moderate" your own thread. Staff can easily handle this by one click. But this would be cool and great, but it could be abused and we don't need it at all for our sake. But, overall I disagree with this suggestion. Sorry.

Mookey and Costellon like this.
  4. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectator Extraordinaire ~ Donator

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Disagree. That would make it so you would be able to keep only posts that you deem agreeable. IE your staff changing thread (and this is the only example I have atm, I'm not nit-picking you). There was a lot of good conversation and debate but because you thought they were off topic etc you closed the thread stifling any further conversation. In order to have a good discussion you need both sides of an issue to be able to come to a decent well rounded conclusion. Like Lady Saber said, if it goes off topic, report it.

Mookey, Left4Lag and zllikS like this.
  5. JokerBen

JokerBen Mod+ | The Joker Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    JokerBen
    Disagree. If someone makes an opinion thread, they could censor other people's opinions out.

6. Messiah

Messiah Zeus' Girlfriend Donator

Minecraft:
    TrueMessiah
    I see what you're saying but I disagree. What Ben said, people could censor people. Anyways, staff is pretty on top of things. Plus, sub-reddits are more than just a thread.

JokerBen likes this.
  7. Rofl

Rofl ᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟᅟ Donator

This would be abused.
    This will just cause issues and will be a hassle to not only staff but other players.

Costellon and JokerBen like this.
  8. tence3000

tence3000 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I disagree with being able to delete comments as it can be abused but I think that in terms of moderation the user should be allowed to move their own threads to different topic areas as sometimes people post it in the wrong area then realise.
    I know staff can move it but it would be easier if the player themselves could do it as well.

9. Costellon

Costellon �Digital Artist� Donator

Minecraft:
    � Costellon �
    Don't say I'm censoring people, but I'm locking.
    This will obviously never get implemented because of all the opposing comments and I do agree with the fact that it would be abused.

Thank you all for the feedback

Mookey and tence3000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.