Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Cami, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Cami

Cami Donator

Minecraft:
    camiwami
    Warning: This is an extremely sad thread.

On August 3rd, 2016, my 16 year old dog was euthanized. This thread is not made for simpathy or drama. I just would like to share his story.

My dog's name was Brownie. I know, I know it isn't original, but I didn't choose the name. He was born in December 12th, 2000. He was originally my grandpa's dog, until he passed away and we inherited him. We took care of Brownie 1 year before my grandpa died because of the fact that he was in assisted living and they don't allow pets. We owned Brownie for 4 years. He was extremely energetic and never hurt a soul. No matter how much you bugged him he would never bite. He always welcomed strangers and made such a good sleeping partner.

Last year, we took him to the vet and we were told that Brownie had a heart murmur. It was a Stage 4 heart murmur. This was not the best of news. We were scared we were going to lose him sooner. He never showed any signs of suffering until 3 days ago. Brownie, 3 days ago, had extremely dark circles under his eyes, he was breathing weirdly, and was excessively panting. Dogs often pant when they are in pain.

Yesterday, my sister and I went to the gym and came back and fixed ourselves some breakfast. While I was eating I looked over and noticed that he was staying in one place and just staring at me. His breathing was it of control. You could see that his heart was beating out of his chest. I called my mom and told her what was going on and she made an appointment for the vet that was supposed to be for today, August 4th. After eating, we head upstairs with both dogs and carry Brownie up so he wouldn't be out of breath. As soon as my sister set him down we both go to pet him.

Brownie collapsed. I immediately broke down. He stopped breathing, closed his eyes, and his bowels released. My other dog (Shorty) ran from under the bed and licked his face. Suddenly, out of no where Brownie jumped back up. My dog had died and come back...

My sister wrapped him in a towel and we rushed into her car and we drove him to the vet that is next to my neighborhood. I couldn't stop crying. I was so worried that this was the end. We called our mom and told her what happened. She left work to meet us. They had put Brownie in an oxygen tank and said he had been blue in the mouth. He couldn't breathe all that time.

When my mom got there they gave us a choice. We could either give Brownie medicine to prolong his passing, but he'd be in pain and he'd have to go through all of this again, or we had the option of putting him down. My uncle arrived and we all sat in the small room. I couldn't pull myself together so I went to the car as they made the decision.

As they were making the decision it started to rain. I went back in and the decision had been made. They chose to put down Brownie. They did not want him to suffer and I understood that this was the right thing. I stayed in the small waiting room. You may think that this is selfish and you're asking yourself: why didn't you go in here? I wanted to remember my dog for what he was before those 3 horrible days. I wanted to remember him for his happy little self. I went back to the euthanization room to say my one last goodbye.

Brownie was euthanized on August 3rd, 2016, but he will never be forgotten in my heart. He is in a better place and I'm glad he will no longer suffer. Rest in peace my poor baby.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. kiraa

kiraa ugh Donator

Minecraft:
    kirupt
    Omg that's so sad ; -;
    May he rest in peace

If that ever happened to my baby boy I'd be crying my ass off, so I understand how you feel...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
    Cami likes this.
  3. maymay

maymay Donator

Awww cam im so sorry... May Brownie rest in peace ):

Cami likes this.
  4. Wario

Wario HERE'S WARIO

I'm sorry for your loss Cam... Rest in peace little Brownie he's in better place now... How we'll miss his barks and feet taps

Cami likes this.
  5. FortuneC

FortuneC

Man thats a tough one to take, I'm sorry to here but like you said he's in a better place now

Cami likes this.
  6. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    this made my heart hurt. i am so sorry for your lose, may brownie rest in peace.

Cami likes this.
  7. Jacob_

Jacob_ Donator

I'm so sorry to hear this. Let me know if i can do anything

Cami likes this.
  8. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    omg I am so sorry. I know how it feels to lose someone you love. I had a dog that I loved very much and she died and I was heartbroken. Just remember that he is in a better place and no longer suffering. I am so sorry to hear this. It just breaks my heart that we have to lose ones who we love in life.

Disphxrial, stanateez and Cami like this.
  9. Icecream

Icecream LilCoffee Donator

Minecraft:
    LilCoffee
    Brownie and you have shared many experiences together. It's difficult to let go of someone important to you, but he's in a better place to rest.

Cami likes this.
  10. Cami

Cami Donator

Minecraft:
    camiwami
    Thank you all for such great support. <3

stanateez and Icecream like this.
  11. stanateez

stanateez hongjoong enthusiast Donator

Im legit crying, pet passings are the worst
    May Brownie rest in peace
    (Luv the name btw)

Cami likes this.
  12. AreThreeSeaTea

AreThreeSeaTea Donator

Minecraft:
    R3CT, Jacky19
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I too can share the feels of losing a loved pet. Even though I only ever saw Brownie once or twice, I will most defiantly remember him, and that's seriously saying something coming from me. If you ever need anything whether it be to talk, take your mind off things or whatever you want, feel free to message me anytime.

Cami and kiraa like this.
  13. jdjfjcnfnck

jdjfjcnfnck - Donator

I'm so sorry for your loss, it must be really hard loosing a pet. May Brownie rest in peace.

Cami likes this.
  14. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I literally can't even imagine the pain you're feeling right now-I'm just glad that he's no longer suffering and in a better place. Again, I am so sorry this happened, and please try to stay positive.

Cami likes this.
  15. ItzJackson

ItzJackson Premium | Guitar Player | Idiot Donator

Minecraft:
    ItzJackson_
    I know what it's like to lose a pet

I had a dog named Lou (Golden Retreived) who was born in 2000, and was a huge part of my life. I loved him more than anything. Eventually though, his legs became weak and he couldn't walk anymore, he was in pain, so we had to put him down in August of 2014. It all happened so fast, and I don't think I'll ever be able to get over losing him.

But anyways, sorry for your loss man.