368 days later: Why this server and this Community never cease to amaze me

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by MC_Scout, Apr 1, 2015.

1. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    For many people having a group of people to hang out with is taken for granted. About 370 days ago for me, it was a struggle. I had 3 or 4 good friends at school, and a slew of people I sort of got a long with, but no one to hang out with, or people that had the same inrest in Minecraft as me. Then one day someone was spamming. And that one person changed everything.

Today I will be making a serious thread. Outlining my experience on the server, and why I think it is amazing.
    Some of this you might not like to hear, so read at your own discretion.

Anyway i Technically joined the Forums in November of 2013, it was to report a couple of spammers. That first thread is found here. However that was the only thing I did, and quickly left the forums. At that point my pouplarity on the server was at zero. Strangley enough one of the first people The first conversation I rember having with some one was with @YFIOTR. This was before neither one of us even donated. I believe I had almost won a game, and he called hacks on me. I cant remember, but I do remember having some sort of contact with him.
    Any fast forward to the end of March and I find another spammer. I decide to report him. I was curious and decided to poke around the forums. That night I found something: The staff applications. I decided to apply
    IGN: MC_Scout
    Location: Iowa, America (I am assuming, last time I checked it was located there)
    What times are you most active: Weekdays: 4pm-10pm Weekends: 2-10 am/pm
    Why do you want to become a moderator: to protect and server serve the players on the Jerry and Harry server.(more in then why me section) and to challenge my self to widen my skills of leadership, and servitude
    Previous experiences as a moderator: November 2013-present: Administrator for the UnCrafted Network, a small server that has no more then 10 people on typically, but about 50 active people.
    Have you purchased a rank? If so, which ones: None so far, but that is subject to change.
    Are you active on our TeamSpeak: I do not have teamspeak BUT planing on getting it soon.
    How long have you been playing Minecraft: I have been playing minecraft for over a year on pocket edition and got PC in 1.6.1
    How long have you played on the ItsJerryAndHarry server: I have been Active on this server scenesince late August.
    When is the last time you made a staff application for this server:
    Why we should choose you:
    As someone that has a part time job in the real world environment, I know that in a organization that requires high expectations, I know how to avoid mistakes, and if I make one only make it once. I also HATE, with a passion, doing something wrong that has an impact on other people. On the other side I know where the line is and what actions are appropriate for whatever problem. Earlier I said I wanted to protect and serve. Before I begin I want to make one thing clear. I AM NOT SAYING THAT IS A SERVER COP THING. What I DO mean is I want to help other people at all times. I also want a players experience to be as happy as possible. That means taking actions if something has been done wrong. Lastly I've been exposed to EVERYTHING as an admin on a server. It maybe like a small server but I've delt with anything from spamming, to Illegal hacking (and trust me that sucks). While this may seem far fetched I kid you not and will be more then happy to provide proof.
    Anything else you want to add:
    Any questions please let me know in any way.
    Ya I was a nub.
    Anyway I decided that if I really wanted to become a staff member I should porbaly stay on the forums. So I did, picking up a few new reports and such. While there I started meeting people form OITC, on the forums. The main one being @ImNotOkayy (MudKipper85 at the time) as well as what was then the pouplar kids. This was tworads the end of Beef's, Dave, and Eli's reign on OITC. Anyway time passes and I seem to be sorta well liked. Looking back I was a massive noob. But the thing that was amazing was the fact that every day I would come home from school and check my alerts. I would have 7-12 alerts. And this was back when I was the "Member" rank on the forums. I was finding things that intrested me, and I became more intrested.

By the time school got out I was very involved in the Forums. At this point my pouplarity on the server remained minimal.

With school getting out I tried something new; Teamspeak. It was memorial day for Americans. So I got on. Here is where I ment some of the people I still spent most of my time with People like @Caity and @Cobra .

During the summer I met even more people on Teamspeak. People like Eli, @Leopard_Lover21 and @Heatdude Da Waffle. In addition I met YFIOTR on teamspeak. Where we did a few fun Videos for his channel

School started and my activity went down, I got in to a few confrontations on teamspeak which resulted in the one the decisions I made here that I was more regretful of.
    . But I moved on.

With school in full force, along side me working tons of hours at my Job, I had less time on teamspeak and the server. However I still met more people people like @John_0696 and @StarlightFox.

One of the other things Im more asamed of was staff. Ive never had a problem with the staff. However I started feeling a bit Jelous after almost everyone I hung out with slowly got promoted. Star, Eli, Evan, Cobra, Lolling, all of them. I became a little more bitter, and I still regret that.

--

Over all this community has been amazing. Never before Have I been able who I am, for so long. Typiclay I dont last very long. And I never thought I would be this well known. 368 days ago I looked to the peple who add 1k+ likes and messages and thought, "Ya Im never gonna be there" Today I stand who I am, and so gald to be here.

This server is amazing, and the people here are as well. I hope to stay here, as long as I can.

--

Instead of making a section of thanking people, I will be doing a TBH thing. Please note that My TBH's can be brutality honest, and I really mean no harm. A reverse TBH is always welcome :>

Again Thanks everyone for being so amazing.

~MC_Scout

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    TBH Please.
    I understand that your TBH's can be harsh, but I am ready for anything you have to say.

3. SSAce

SSAce ! Donator

Minecraft:
    SSAce
    Tbh? This was very interesting to read. I actually read it all :D

4. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    TBH Joeseph I like you, your fun to talk to, and are always plesent to talk with. I think sometimes you get a little caught up in things, and prehaps do things you know you should not, but over all I think your a great person.
    Just Like Joeseph, I think your a great person to be around. You also kick my ass in OITC, and are a fairly good sport about it. You defend the people that you like, and I can respect that. As far as your clan goes, Im stopping here.

SSAce and Joseph10003 like this.
  5. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    I don't know what you're on, but I never callled hacks on you.

Probably was the other way around.

:p

MC_Scout likes this.
  6. Gooby

Gooby ミCutie彡 Donator

I love seeing what people honestly think of me
    so tbh please

7. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    Add a tbh while you're at it hacker

8. Caity

Caity according to all known laws of aviation.. Donator

Minecraft:
    _Caity
    Tbh PLS <3
    I hope I made you somewhat happy in some point of time.

9. Emeritus_IV

Emeritus_IV b e p i s Donator

Minecraft:
    Emeritus_IV

10. SSAce

SSAce ! Donator

Minecraft:
    SSAce
    That made my day :P

MC_Scout likes this.
  11. sebastiann

sebastiann Donator

rad dude, but I'm not popular. okay.
    people like me? haha.
    ok, all jokes aside. You're a cool dude.
    tbh please, and thanks.
    sweet.

Radii likes this.
  12. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    fuckoff
    TBH Gooby, Ive always liked your sarcastic personality, your comments on Devin's profile were halarious.
    However Im not one for the drama, so in that respect Im not a huge fan. But In the end I always look foward to what sarcastic comment you have to say.
    You and me did not meet on great terms. My vibe from you was not great, and I think that feeling was mutal. At the time I thought you where a try hard at OITC. However Meeting you on Teamspeak and a few other threads totally changed that. I was kind of jelous that you would evan get helper before me.
    Over all I think you are one of the persons Ive had one of strongest friendships with
    now GTFO.
    TBH caity I was a little scared of you. A sort of thing happend to me. Ill hint it in a PM.
    However I met you on TS and instantly liked you, messing around with you cobra and Leo was a lot of fun. I always respected you for your brutal honesty, as well as kindness to others.
    Also: Thehub/Provim
    Ahhhh eli.
    Like Evan, My first impressions of you where not great. However Meeting you on teamspeak totally changed that.
    You are someone that will speak there opinion regardless of the situation. To a point a few find it annoying, and you sometimes come off aragoent. But over all I have no doubt that you are a good person. You try to make everyone happy, something hard to do.

sebastiann, Caity and Gooby like this.
  13. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    TBH Ive never really seen you around that much. You seem like someone with a good sense of humor, so ya. Sorry if that sounded kinda vague, I just dont know you very well

retirednow likes this.
  14. Kono

Kono Former Staff Donator

I don't know if you know me or not, but may I have a TBH?

15. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    I remember you from Teamspeak, ya it was fun.
    Again, I dont really remember thst much:)

Kono likes this.
  16. Emeritus_IV

Minecraft:
    Emeritus_IV
    Um, I did ask for a tbh o-o xd

17. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Ohhh, that what was, sorry!
    TBH Ive only seen you once or twice, so ya. You seem like a pretty decent person.
    --
    To all: Reverse TBH is always welcome!

18. Emeritus_IV

Minecraft:
    Emeritus_IV
    Reverse TBH it is.

You are a boy scout, Not just IRL but also on the forums. In a good way. I've seen you in a lot of threads taking the good side, I've seen you in OITC games absolutely wrecking.

To sum it up, you seem cool c:

MC_Scout likes this.
  19. Aiden

Aiden Donator

Totally agree that this community is amazing.

Also, I would like a TBH, even if we don't know each other well. I'm just curious about what others think of me truthfully.

20. MC_Scout

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    You used to be Itszye right?

Aiden likes this.