-17 ELO for this?? -_-

Discussion in 'One In The Chamber' started by RAMTurtle, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Has golden items gotten weaker in OITC?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2017.
  1. Yes, I always feel I am getting 2-hit killed in the game.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, I am always dominating with my gold.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. RAMTurtle

RAMTurtle *Slowly Losing Sanity* Donator

Minecraft:
    RAMTurtle
    2017-01-15_09.06.36.png

Yea. I'm calling bs.

Losing by 2 kills should NOT result in losing 17, despite if his ELO was lower than mine. Sure, if I lost by 7, -17 would seem fair, but losing by 2? I think the most I should lose is 5-7 ELO.

Heck, if I quit this game, I would have lost less ELO than this (I believe quitting results in -15 ELO)

I also will include in this thread the question, has golden items gotten weaker?

Why?

Because I seem to get 2-hit killed with a wood sword a lot now, and with my gold I am always taking 3-4 hits, despite jump hitting most of the time. I am always taking nearly 6 hearts of damage with every hit, and it makes me wonder if they have auto-crit or somehow gold armor has weakened.

(NOTE: I am not saying xSmilePlayz is a hacker, he played a great game, despite being the underdog, at one point I was down by 6 kills, 8-14.)

Also, I feel like at this point, if I have to win to gain ELO or else I lose ELO in great numbers. I was up to 1379, and now I have dropped to 1317 because I while I do win (as shown by my 0.50 win ratio) I feel if I lose I will lose ELO in great amounts, as my losses (Most of them I get at least 14 kills) have resulted in numbers between 13 and 22 every time. (I have lost 22 before after going 14-20.)

So I am asking, does anybody else feel the same way?

2. Jit

Jit

Minecraft:
    Jit_
    In a 1v1, it has nothing to do with how much you lose by. It depends on how much ELO you both have. This most likely means the person you played against had a low ELO, so this is an "upset" so to speak, and he will gain more. If you won, you would have gained less than this, because you won a game the game considered easy for you.

j0sef and SinisterBucky like this.
  3. Junjou

Junjou OITC Veteran [3 Years] Donator

Minecraft:
    Junjou
    There's a number of factors you need to go by when determining ELO. For example, I have over 1700+ ELO. So, when I join a game with players that have say, 1300 ELO, I'll only gain +1 if I win or +2 if I have a good K/D. Also, when a timer ends in ranked matches, this is just a hypothesis, but I think it costs more if a match ends without 20 kills. Probably not, but from my experience it seems so. Losing or gaining that much ELO is not that much of an oddity either. Here's a game that gave +10 because of how it's weighted.

Attached Files:

refinnej likes this.
  4. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    Ive lost games by 1 point in 1v1s and lost 23 ELO before. It sucks and feels unfair, but that's how the system works.

5. Zackery

Zackery Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    Elo wise.. its normal.
    Golden armor/weapon.. it's all cosmetics.. it doesn't give more damage or armor.. pure cosmetics.

6. Mats

Mats ‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮‮

Minecraft:
    Mats9799
    Regarding ELO, you either win, draw or lose. Nothing more, nothing less. In multiplayer matches the won or lost ELO is divided by (the amount of players in the room - 1) resulting in same amount of ELO gain or loss regardless the amount of players in that game.

You should probably do 1v1's in unranked rooms anyway.

7. RAMTurtle

RAMTurtle *Slowly Losing Sanity* Donator

Minecraft:
    RAMTurtle
    Then what is the advantage for ranked players in OITC? As most games do have some sort of advantage for ranked players.

(Also apologies about my clearly shown rage in the picture, I should have blacked that out.)

8. Junjou

Junjou OITC Veteran [3 Years] Donator

Minecraft:
    Junjou
    In regards to the EULA, they made it so that no player can have any advantage over another. That was the idea of the "pay to win" mentality everyone was complaining about. Jerry and Harry had to comply with the EULA just like every other server has to, otherwise, it would be blacklisted. That's why it's pure cosmetics and it's not supposed to give you any advantage.

refinnej and j0sef like this.
  9. Zackery

Zackery Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    It has always been a cosmetic.. they never changed a thing with the oitc perks. Been like this for almost 3 years.